Chipotle Mexican Grill, locally known as Chipotle, is a Mexican fast food-inspired American chain of restaurants. It has outlets in several countries like America, the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Canada. The company specializes in fast foods of Mexican origin like burritos, tacos and burrito bowls. The customer can customize their order according to their liking. Moreover, the food is prepared in front of the customers.
The company derives its name from the smoked and dried jalapeno chilli pepper, locally addressed as chipotle in Mexico.
The company serves its customers through more than 2900 outlets worldwide and was one of the first companies to commit to using responsibly raised meat.
Moreover, you do not have to worry about how fresh your food is as Chipotle strays from using refrigerators. So, you can be sure that your Chipotle burrito is as fresh as it gets!
Are you craving a burrito now? Wanna know does Chipotle take Apple Pay? Then, you are at the right spot; read on to clear all your doubts about Apply Pay and other payment methods when placing that order.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is the brainchild of the company Apple. It is a cardless, contactless method of payment that you can make from your iOS device. It doesn’t matter whether it is an iPhone, an Apple Watch or an iPad. Apple Pay converts your physical debit/credit card into a digital contactless payment method. Moreover, it does all that without compromising data security in an age where data is money.
You can use Apple Pay at any restaurant, store or on the internet, wherever it is accepted. It is a safe and secure way of making your payments. Gone are the days when you had to wait behind a queue for change against your cash payment or for a POS machine to swipe your card.
Does Chipotle Accept Apple Pay: Best Answer
Yes, Chipotle currently accepts payments via Apple Pay in their restaurants and online orders via the mobile app.
Chipotle announced back in September 2020 via a news article that they would accept payments made via Apple Pay in their restaurants. However, Apple pay was taken in the Chipotle app even before that.
What are other payment methods accepted at Chipotle?
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Gift card
- Prepaid card
- Other NFC-enabled payment methods like Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
How to make a payment at Chipotle using Apple Pay?
Wondering how to pay your bill at Chipotle using Apple pay? Here’s how- Firstly, set up your Apple Pay account and add your credit/debit card via which you want Apple Pay to make payments for you.
Next, you will be required to accept the terms and conditions of the Apple Pay Wallet app. Also, complete any other verifications that may be necessary to add the card to your wallet. Finally, once you have completed all these steps, you are set to make payments via Apple Pay.
There are some retailers who limit the amount you can pay using a contactless payment method. However, if you exceed that limit, your payment will still go through, but you might be required to show ID proof.
How to pay at Chipotle using your iPhone via Apple Pay?
Steps you need to follow if you are paying at Chipotle using your iPhone via Apple Pay:
- Double-click on your phone’s right-side button.
- Verify your identity using the type of security you initially assigned, like FaceID, TouchID, PIN, or Passcode.
- Finally, hover your phone over the POS machine, the machine where you generally swipe your card. Keep your phone in the same position till you get a confirmation (usually a ping sound accompanied by a green checkmark plus the word “Done” on your phone) on your phone or the POS machine (usually a green checkmark).
How to pay at Chipotle using via Apple Pay using your Apple Watch?
- Double-tap on the right-side button present on the right side of your Apple Watch.
- Complete the required security verification (passcode).
- Hold your watch over the POS machine in a similar fashion as you did for your iPhone and wait for confirmation.
How to pay via Apple Pay on Chipotle’s App?
- Open the app. Login if you already have an account. If you don’t have an account, create one; it gets you offers on your orders. Then, choose the “Pickup or Delivery” option present at the top of the screen.
- Select your preferred food and add it to the cart.
- Go to your cart, review, make changes if required, confirm your order, and click on the “Continue to Payment” option.
- Opt for pickup or delivery time, enter the required details, and opt for the “Buy with Apple Pay” option as your preferred method of payment.
- Make the payment and enjoy your food as it gets delivered!
How to know which places accept Apple Pay?
Knowing the places which accept Apple Pay as a payment method can be a real challenge. Of course, you can always ask the store itself or look it up online at the store’s website. Either way, both the processes are cumbersome. So here we are providing a few popular companies that accept Apple Pay in some form or the other:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Dunkin Donuts
- Taco Bell
- Pizza Hut
- El Pollo Loco
- Au Bon Pain
- White Castle
- Panera Bread
- Johnny Rockets
- Firehouse Subs
- Jimmy John’s
- Buffalo Wild Wings
There is also another way by which you can determine if a restaurant takes Apple Pay. First, you need to open the Apple Maps app on your iPhone and search for the restaurant’s (or store’s) location. Then, under the “Useful to know” section present below the website address, look for an Apple Pay logo or a checkmark beside the message “Accepts Apply Pay” or any other message of similar meaning.