How Multi-Location Ecommerce SEO Differs
A multi-location business (including Ecommerce SEO) is a business that has product-dealers and service providers in different locations. Some of the common characteristics of multi-location business include:
- Numerous physical outlets in different areas
- Serves different locations even without a physical store
- The business is a local business directory
When you want to create a marketing campaign for your multi-location business, you should consider:
- Do you use uniform branding for all your stores?
- Are your products and services uniform across all locations?
- Are the locations in different zones in terms of the county, province, state, or country?
- A digital marketing strategy that will increase online visibility for each of your locations
Digital marketing is necessary especially because of the growth of eCommerce and the use of mobile devices. In 2016, Google reported 63% of organic search traffic from mobile devices in the US alone. Moreover, statistics show that 40% of people prefer to shop online.
As you formulate a digital marketing strategy, it would be hard and unwise to omit SEO, especially Local SEO. A 2018 study shows that Google maps had over 154.4 million users in a single month. Moreover, there has been a 500% increase in the use of keywords “near me” in organic searches.
Find more statistics at Statista
Local SEO and Ecommerce SEO Steps to Take
It is essential to take the necessary steps to improve your Local SEO and eCommerce SEO for better online visibility and ROI. The best Local SEO and Ecommerce SEO steps to take include:
1. Create and Optimize a Page for Each Location
Many multi-location businesses make the mistake of featuring all their locations on a master landing page. However, you need separate landing pages for each location to optimize the SEO strategy and results for each location. Separate landing pages help your different locations and business, in general, to rank higher in local searches. Google has set out the following measures that will help you optimize each of your location pages:
- Use accurate information.
- Include the Name, Address, and Phone Number of the particular location.
- List the location’s operating hours.
- Add photos of your staff, business premises.
- Respond to and manage customer comments and reviews.
- Use location-specific content like testimonials, news, or staff information.
- Use location-specific titles.
- Make location-specific URLs.
- Include the URLs of these pages in your business profile.
2. Create and Optimize your Google My business listing
Your business needs to have a Google My Business (GMB) listing because you influence your business’s visibility on Google Maps and Google search. First, you need to create a GMB account and create listings for all your business locations. You can import locations on GMB, especially if your business has over 20 locations.
Consider the following measures to optimize your Google My Business Listings:
- Name Consistency: you should exercise name consistency if you have a multi-location business that serves the same purpose in every location. For example, if James has a packaging company, the name listing should be “James Packaging” rather than “James Packaging in Denver.”
- Category Consistency: You also need to have a category representing your entire business in every location listing using the example above of “James Packaging” ‘Gift Wraps’ which could be a category that could be consistent in every listing.
- Verify every location.
- Include working hours.
- Add photos of premises and staff.
- Add a location landing page URL to its respective location listing.
- Manage the reviews on your listings.
You should know that the name and category consistency only apply if your business serves the same purpose in different locations. For example, James’ packaging company could list as “James Packaging” or “James Packaging and Shipping,” and so on.
Moreover, you should also consider using Google My Business Insights to collect data you can use to create and monitor successful SEO campaigns.
3. Local Content and Social Media Marketing
Content marketing is essential to help improve the visibility and ranking of your location pages in the search engine. Some content marketing tips to observe include:
- Feature location-specific content on location-specific landing pages.
- Try to make your content unique to avoid plagiarism and low SEO rankings—some businesses copy-paste content across all the pages, which could harm your SEO strategy.
- Use location-specific titles and keywords.
Social media marketing is also very important to improve your visibility, customer reach, and reputation management. Depending on your goals and needs, you can create separate social media pages for each location or have central social media accounts for the entire business.
4. Build Links and Local Business Listings for Your Locations
The presence of links and local business listings helps to improve your credibility and SEO rankings. As you build local business listings, ensure that you observe name, address, phone number, and category consistency. You should also list your business on other major search engines and platforms like Bing, Yahoo, and more.
5. Reputation Management
A survey shows that 91% of consumers trust online reviews on the same level as personal recommendations. Therefore, you should try and manage your online reputation. A good reputation is characterized by positive feedback. Reputation management for a multi-location company can be tedious because you have to manage the reputation of specific locations and the organization’s brand image.
Some measures to optimize reputation management include:
- Request for reviews using call-to-actions or an easy review process.
- Respond to customer comments, whether positive or negative.
- Solve negative reviews. You can either offer technical support, a refund, or a replacement.
- Be active on social media to improve customer engagement.
Receive Professional Help with Your Ecommerce SEO Efforts
There is a lot of work that goes into search engine optimization, both local and eCommerce SEO. You need time, experience, and knowledge for high SEO rankings. It would make your work easier to get professional help for your SEO and other digital marketing efforts. BizIQ is a digital marketing agency that offers various services, including eCommerce SEO services, paid media management, Local brand management, content marketing, web design, social media marketing, and more. Contact us today at (888) 416-9800 for affordable local digital marketing solutions.