CI/CD pipeline is the series of steps that have to be performed to deliver the best possible version of the software very successfully to the concerned people. Continuous integration or the continuous delivery pipeline is the best possible practice which will be focusing on improving the delivery of software with the help of the site reliability approach. This concept will be based upon introducing, monitoring and automating the improvement of the process to the world of application development so that integration and testing phases will be carried out very easily and everybody will be able to execute things like a pro without any kind of problem. This particular aspect will ultimately help in providing people be the best possible realisation of the true value with the help of automation throughout the process.
Following are some of the most important elements of the ci cd pipeline:
- Build: This is the state where the application will be compiled
- Test: This will be the stage where coding will be tested and automation will help in saving both time as well as effort
- Release: This will be the state in which the application will be delivered to the repository
- Deploying: In this particular stage code will be perfectly deployed to the production stage
- Validation and compliance: The steps to validate and build are determined by the needs of the organisation so that image security screening tools can be perfectly implemented throughout the process.
Following are some of the very basic things to be taken into consideration by the organisations at the time of implementing the CI/CD pipeline systems:
- It is very much important for people to be clear about the speed element in this particular area so that everybody will be able to have a crystal clear idea about the quickness of getting feedback and correctness of the work very easily.
- It is very much important for people to be clear about how long it will be taking to build, test or deploy the simple core commitment so that overall goals are easily achieved and represented or paid proper attention without any kind of issue.
- It is very much important for people to be clear about the CI/CD pipelines as well as scalability in terms of meeting the development demands in real-time so that overall goals are easily achieved and everybody will be able to have access to top-notch quality systems.
- It is very much important for people to be clear about the quickness element associated with the setting up of the new pipeline so that there is no chance of any kind of problem and the development workflows will be dealt with very easily with the help of versioning, restoration and the review systems without any kind of problem.
- It is very much vital for the organisation to be clear about the reliability element in the whole process because a reliable pipeline will always help in producing the same output for the given input so that oscillations will be dealt with very easily and there is no chance of any kind of problem throughout the process.
- Accuracy is another very important thing to be taken into consideration by people throughout the process so that everybody will be able to enjoy the positive changes and further visualise the entire delivery process very successfully.
Whenever the organisations will be going with the option of implementing the right kind of pipeline systems they will be very much capable of remaining focused on writing the code and monitoring the behaviour of the application very successfully. In this particular manner, every product stakeholder will be highly satisfied because of the latest available updates and changes in the whole process. Ultimately the culture of learning and responsibility will be easily implemented into every organisation.